Are you considering using GetResponse software for your online business?
There’s no doubt that the company is well-established and has a great reputation. But do they offer everything that you need?
Today we are going to take a closer look at its software.
You will learn about:
- GetResponse features.
- GetResponse pricing.
- GetResponse alternatives
We hope that this review will help you decide whether GetResponse is the right solution for your business!
TL;DR Overview of Review
In a hurry? No worries. Here’s the TL;DR version of our GetResponse review…
- GetResponse is an email marketing software company that provides all the features that you need to run successful email marketing campaigns.
- They also offer additional features such as lead magnet funnels, sales funnels, webinars, social ad creator, and more.
- Their Basic plan starts at $15/month, their Plus plan starts at $49/month, and their Professional plan starts at $99/month.
These are prices for an email list of up to 1,000 subscribers. They increase as the list size increases.
There’s also a Max plan but you will need to contact the company to get a quote.
- GetResponse is an excellent email marketing tool. They have over two decades of experience in this area.
- However, when it comes to all the other features, you might be better off paying for dedicated software that was designed for that specific task (a funnel builder for sales funnels, a webinar app for webinars, etc.).
- ClickFunnels is the best alternative to GetResponse’s funnel-building functionality.
What is GetResponse?
GetResponse is a software company that has been in business for more than 20 years and has a substantial customer base.
Their main area of expertise is email marketing but they have recently started expanding into others areas with the aim of creating an all-in-one marketing solution.
This includes offering features that go beyond the original email marketing functionality such as lead funnels, sales funnels, social media ads, and more.
This broad range of features helps GetResponse differentiate themselves from other email marketing apps such as Aweber, MailChimp, and ConvertKit.
Here are some of GetResponse’s most noteworthy features.
An email autoresponder is without a doubt the most important feature of any email marketing app.
GetResponse allows you to set up a sequence of emails that are automatically sent to every new subscriber once they join your email list.
It also lets you create additional sequences that are automatically sent to subscribers based on either timing or a particular event.
This enables you to put both lead nurturing and selling your products on autopilot.
It’s worth noting that although email autoresponder sequences are most commonly used to welcome new subscribers, they are by no means limited to that.
As GetResponse points out, they can also be used to:
- Run online courses.
- Recycle used content.
- Make more sales.
- Celebrate milestones.
GetResponse offers email autoresponder functionality that allows you to do all that.
One feature that is especially helpful is the calendar view of your email sequence. It makes it easy to visualize your autoresponder.
You can also automatically share new blog posts with your email subscribers. You can either do so as they go live or compile them into daily, weekly, or monthly digests. There’s also the option to automatically share them on Twitter and Facebook.
All in all, GetResponse’s email autoresponder functionality is great, which is to be expected given that email marketing is their area of expertise.
An email autoresponder is a basic requirement for an online business that wants to thrive in today’s competitive marketplace.
After all, nowadays everyone has these email sequences set up, so if you don’t you are already behind your competition.
However, if you want to take it to the next level, you need to implement marketing automation.
In other words, you need to set up rules that govern your email autoresponder, so that each subscriber would only get messages that are directly relevant to them.
GetResponse offers marketing automation functionality that allows you to:
- Create automation events based on users’ behavior.
- Take action based on selected conditions.
- Use filters for even more precise targeting.
This is especially valuable for ecommerce businesses. With the global cart abandonment rate being 88.05%, automated abandoned cart emails are a must for any online store.
GetResponse also offers prebuilt automation templates based on your goals.
You can use them to:
- Recommend popular products.
- Recover lost sales.
- Use behavioral targeting.
These templates can come in handy if you want to set things up quickly.
It’s probably safe to say that marketing automation is one of GetResponse’s strengths, especially when you consider how affordable the app is.
Online marketers are still debating on whether it’s best to send plain-text emails or HTML emails to your email subscribers.
Those who lean towards the former argue that it makes their messages seem more personal, like an email you would get from a friend.
Meanwhile, those who lean towards the latter say that beautifully designed emails are more aesthetically pleasing, come across as more professional, and help to reinforce brand identity.
One way or the other, if you are serious about email marketing, you want to have the ability to easily compose HTML emails without having to write the actual HTML code yourself.
GetResponse offers an email editor feature that allows you to do just that. No HTML skills are required to use it.
With this email editor, you can…
- Add a logo.
- Use custom web fonts.
- Use sections to structure your email.
- Embed images and videos.
- Save selected areas for future use.
Moreover, GetResponse offers a variety of high-quality, professionally designed templates that are arranged by the campaign goal.
You can find templates for welcome emails, promotional emails, educational emails, sales emails, and more.
Plus, there’s an option to build custom templates with your own branding, which you can then use in your email marketing campaigns.
In short, GetResponse’s email creator has everything you need to create beautiful, professional emails. And the templates make the task much easier!
You can’t get better at email marketing if you don’t know how your campaigns are performing.
That’s why email analytics is another essential feature of any email marketing app.
GetResponse offers this functionality as well. It allows you to track all the most important metrics:
- Open rates.
- Click-through rates (CTR).
On top of that, you can also:
- Track desktop vs. mobile performance.
- Compere campaigns in a side-by-side view.
- See which emails make you the most money.
GetResponse also offers email analytics reports that keep you informed about the geographical locations of your subscribers, daily and monthly average subscription rates, and most popular subscription methods.
A/B testing is how marketers figure out what works and what doesn’t:
- You create two variants of the same email (variant A and variant B).
- You send one variant to one half of your email list, the other variant to the other half of your email list.
- You then analyze the data and keep the winning variant.
There’s also a more advanced version of this where you send one variant to one small segment of your list, the other to another small segment of your list, then send the winning email to the rest of your list.
GetResponse offers A/B testing functionality that allows you to A/B test the subject line and the body of the email.
This is valuable because the larger your email list, the more potential revenue is at stake. It makes sense to do everything you can to optimize your autoresponder.
Lead Magnet Funnels
A lead is a potential customer who has:
- Expressed interest in your product.
- Given you their contact details (typically their email address).
A lead magnet is something that you give away for free in exchange for the potential customer’s email address.
This can be anything they can either download on their device or access online. An ebook, an email course, a video course, you name it.
GetResponse has a lead magnet funnel feature that helps you to put lead generation on autopilot.
You can either upload your own lead magnet or choose from a library of high-quality lead magnets.
The latter option is particularly useful because it allows you to start generating leads immediately.
You can then promote your lead magnet with Facebook and Instagram ads.
Simply create a landing page for your lead magnet with GetResponse and start sending paid traffic to it.
By the way, the landing page comes with an exit-intent pop-up that is shown to the visitor as they are about to leave the page, which is likely to increase its conversion rate.
Once the potential customer has subscribed to your email list, you can send them an autoresponder sequence of follow-up emails.
It’s also worth noting that GetResponse provide lead funnel analytics that make it easy to optimize each stage of the funnel.
However, since GetResponse is an email marketing software provider, lead funnels are not their main area of expertise.
This means that while they provide enough functionality to build a basic funnel, you might want to consider using dedicated funnel-building software for this, such as ClickFunnels.
A sales funnel is the journey that the potential customer goes through from the moment they first learn about your product to purchasing that product.
It typically looks like this:
- You catch their attention via paid advertising, content marketing, or SEO.
- You offer them a lead magnet in exchange for their email address.
- You pitch them your product.
Of course, this is a basic sales funnel, more sophisticated ones such as the Value Ladder sales funnel consist of several products.
In any case, you can use GetResponse to set up your sales funnel, though again, you might want to consider using a dedicated funnel-building software instead, such as ClickFunnels.
Webinars are typically used as a way to generate leads though paid webinars are starting to gain popularity as well.
Email marketing software providers usually don’t offer webinar functionality but GetResponse is an exception to this.
They offer these features:
- Hosting webinars.
- Room for up to 1,000 live attendees.
- Sharing the stage with 2 other presenters.
- Both live and on-demand webinars.
- Storing up to 20 hours of webinar footage.
There’s also a one-click Facebook Pixel integration that allows you to retarget people who have visited your webinar page with relevant offers.
This is definitely a cost-effective way to get started with webinars but you might want to check out dedicated webinar software as well.
Social Ads Creator
Creating paid ads can be a pain if you are not a graphic designer.
GetResponse offers a solution to this. All you need to do is add product names, photos, and prices to its Social Ads Creator and it will automatically create different sets of branded promotional videos, banners, and slideshows.
Then you can pick the ones you like, edit them and start running your campaign.
Alternatively, you can choose from 200+ pre-designed templates, add your photos or choose images from a photo library, and then edit the ad to make it consistent with your branding.
This feature is great if you understand the value of visually appealing ads but don’t have the graphic design skills to create them all by yourself.
It’s definitely cheaper than hiring a designer!
GetResponse offers a useful integration that allows you to connect it with Facebook Pixel with just one click.
Then you can automatically install Facebook Pixel on your landing pages and use retargeting to promote relevant offers to the people that have visited them.
This is especially helpful if you are new to paid advertising because it makes setting up Facebook ads campaigns easier.
GetResponse also has a Google Ads integration that allows you to create search ad campaigns in the app.
Push notifications are messages that appear on users’ browsers. They work both on desktop and mobile devices.
GetResponse offers a native push notification tool that allows you to:
- Create opt-in prompts. You can add your logo, pick custom colors, and write relevant messages.
- Create various push notification messages. This includes educational notifications, promotional notifications, and abandoned cart notifications.
- Combine push notifications with other tools such as emails and Facebook ads for maximum effect.
Moreover, GetResponse also offers push notification analytics that allow you to monitor actionable metrics such as impressions, delivery rate, and click-through rate.
This can help you optimize your push notification strategy based on users’ behavior.
Overall, push notifications are a technology that is worth experimenting with, so this is a handy feature that can help you bring people back to your website.
Live chat provides an easy way to connect with your potential and existing customers in real-time.
It stands in contrast with asynchronous means of communication such as email or customer support tickets.
GetResponse allows you to add live chat to various pages on your website, including landing pages. There’s also an option to add a live chat button to your emails.
This means that a potential customer that has a question can hit up customer support and get a response immediately.
Also, if you don’t have the resources to monitor the live chat 24/7, you can still use this feature.
All you need to do is display your current status and working hours, then check the messages and reply once you are back online.
You can customize your live chat by adding your logo, using brand colors, and styling its button on your landing pages. There’s also an option to add a welcome message.
GetResponse also offers live chat analytics that provide valuable data such as average response time. You can use it to optimize your approach.
This list is not exhaustive.
It simply highlights some of the more noteworthy integrations that GetResponse offers:
- Integrations with Google Ads and Facebook Pixel. As we have already discussed, you can connect GetResponse to Google Ads and Facebook Pixel, which makes it easier to run paid advertising campaigns.
- Integrations with major ecommerce platforms. You can connect GetResponse to Magento, WooCommerce, and Shopify.
- Integrations with major payment processors. You can connect GetResponse to PayPal Payments, Amazon Payments, Stripe, and other payment processors.
In total, the company offers 150+ integrations, though it’s worth noting that quite a few of them are powered by Zapier.
By the way, if you want to use GetResponse for email marketing and ClickFunnels for funnel-building, all you need to do is set up the ClickFunnels integration.
GetResponse certainly offers a great deal in terms of pricing.
There are three main pricing plans:
- Basic. It starts at $15/month for up to 1,000 email subscribers. This plan includes email marketing features, unlimited landing pages, unlimited automation templates, unlimited lead funnels, one sales funnel, Google Ads and Facebook Ads integrations, and chats.
- Plus. It starts at $49/month for up to 1,000 email subscribers. This plan includes everything in the Basic plan. In addition to that, you also get an automation builder with 5 workflows, webinars with a maximum of 100 attendees, contact scoring and tagging, 5 sales funnels, 5 webinar funnels, and a collaboration feature with 3 users. This is GetResponse’s most popular plan.
- Professional. It starts at $99/month for up to 1,000 email subscribers. This plan includes everything in the Plus plan. In addition to that, you also get an unlimited automation builder, web push notifications, paid webinars, webinars with a maximum of 300 attendees, unlimited sales and webinar funnels, on-demand webinars, and a collaboration feature with 5 users.
There’s also a Max plan that includes everything in the Pro plan as well as transactional emails, account migration support, multiple accounts and users, assisted I.P. warmup, team and role management, webinars with up to 500 attendees, and dedicated support.
However, if you want to find out the price of this plan, you will have to contact GetResponse for a quote.
It’s probably safe to say that the best option for most small business owners is the Plus plan which is both powerful and affordable.
GetResponse Case Study & Reviews
You may also want to take a look at some third-party reviews:
The Best GetResponse Alternative
It’s impossible to say what is the overall best GetResponse alternative because GetResponse provides such a wide range of features.
But when it comes to funnel-building, we believe that ClickFunnels is the best alternative to GetResponse. Why? Because we live and breathe sales funnels.
Both of our co-founders have been selling online using sales funnels for well over a decade before launching ClickFunnels in 2014.
And they have put all that knowledge into our software.
That’s why we offer everything you need to build a lucrative sales funnel:
- A visual funnel builder.
- Proven funnel templates.
- Beautiful landing pages.
- Upsells, cross-sells, and downsells.
- Follow-up emails.
Moreover, when you sign up for ClickFunnels, you get access to our FunnelFlix learning platform where you can learn from the most brilliant minds in marketing and personal development.
Most importantly, we know that what we teach works, and we have the results to prove it.
Our co-founders Russel Brunson and Todd Dickerson took ClickFunnels from zero to $10 million in annual revenue in just one year.
How did they do it? They used sales funnels. And since then they have 10x that number.
Meanwhile, countless online entrepreneurs just like you used our software to grow their businesses faster than they ever thought possible.
That includes the 737 people who have generated over $1,000,000 in revenue within their funnels!
So why don’t you try ClickFunnels for yourself? It’s time to take your business to the next level!
Is GetResponse Right For You?
GetResponse is a powerful email marketing tool.
It’s also a decent all-in-one online marketing solution for entrepreneurs who are just starting out. You can’t argue with $49/month when you are on a tight budget.
That being said, the reality is this:
When you offer such a wide range of features, it’s impossible to excel at all of them.
GetResponse are great at email marketing but when it comes to all the other features, you might be better off going with a software solution that was designed specifically for that purpose.